The Chevaliers d’Aux (descendants of the Comtes d’Armagnac) were the first owners of this Estate in Bégadan in 1632. Seized as a state property in the Year IV of the French Revolution, this estate was then turned into a relay for stagecoaches, better known in the Medoc under the name “Patache”. Classified as a Cru Bourgeois in 1932, this estate has been owned by the Lapalu family in 1964.
Château Patache d'Aux is located in the far north of the Médoc in the commune of Begadan. It is owned by the Lapule family and consistently produces one of Bordeaux's best value clarets. There are 43 hectares of vineyards planted with 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc, and 3% Petit Verdot.
Buy wines by Domaine Lapalu: